The purpose of this blog is to provide education for those seeking to support their body in a natural way through the use of wholesome food, herbs, essential oils and positive thinking. The content is for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure anything. What you choose to do with the information is your responsibility.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Me, blog? Yes, I believe I should!

Our Deepest Fear By Marianne Williamson
What holds us back in our lives, is our fear. And sometimes when you take a very close look, you find out that your fears aren't exactly what you thought they were. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in all of us. And as we let our own light shine, we subconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. So its holy work to move past your own fear; it doesn't just help you, it helps the world.

This quote is one of the reasons I decided to start a blog. I have often thought that what I have to offer is seemingly so insignificant and my knowledge so small that no one would ever be interested. After reading this quote and pondering what it means in my life I finally had to face the fact that my Heavenly Father has blessed me with so much along my journey that if I didn't share the things I have been taught I would truly be ungrateful. So here is my attempt to “let my light shine” and “move past my own fear” . I hope you will take what I have to offer in the spirit is intended and share with others what you feel inspired to share.

1 comment:

  1. Love that you have a blog! this is going to be so great!!! looking forward to your updates.

    ReplyDelete